123km South West from Prieska, on the R357, lies Van Wyksvlei.
The village was founded as Van Wyksvlei Estate in 1880 and named after a local farmer. Full municipal status was granted in 1975.
The village is surrounded by a large number of “vloere” (salt pans).
- San (Bushman) art can be viewed at Springbokoog, 30km northwest of the town
- Van Wyksvlei dam – still in use