VICTORIA WEST is situated on the N12 – 98km south of Britstown and 65km east of Loxton on the R63.
Victoria West is a prosperous merino sheep wool producing town.
The Dutch Reformed Church purchased the farms Kapokfontein and Zeekoegat in 1843. Named Victoria in honour of the Queen of England by the church council the “West” came later in 1855 due to another town also named Victoria.
Victoria West suffered in the aftermath of a flash flood in February 1871 resulting in severe flooding and loss of life. The town has however long since recovered and now offers many attractions and activities.
Victoria Trading Post and Mannetjies Roux Museum.
The Apollo theatre.
Take a hike on Moonlight Hill or walk around the town and visit the many interesting shops and sights.